Carry out a personal development plan to transform your life

Friday, November 14, 2014

Speaking Your Emotional Truth





I have been working through Relationship YOU - this will be the 3rd time for me personally.  I like to occasionally go back through the programs I have been certified to coach in for continued growth and learning as I believe we never truly "Arrive" but rather "Strive to Arrive".  Anyway, today I had one of those "AHA" moments of clarity regarding relationships and speaking your emotional truth which I feel compelled to share.  


It's interesting when I look back at what I wrote over 3 years ago when I went through the program!
The exercises are excellent to come back to. In doing so this time around, I can now see clearly that I took necessary action in divorcing my ex-husband after all the work I had done to speak my emotional truth with him. So much was dredged up for us - memories both in my mind and my body allowed me to finally do what was best for us both. We just did not know what we didn't know!  I carried false beliefs throughout my marriage about myself that I was unaware of until I began my transformational journey through YOU University.

To face up to all I had been holding on to, own up to my responsibility in it, and recognize the damage that had truly occurred over 29 years... oh wow!  Needless to say, we knew that our time together had served its purpose for us and it was time to move on. We could not salvage our relationship because it was based on a false ME - not who I truly was.  That reality was unclear to me and completely unknown to him until I began to discover my true self through YOU University and allowed myself to finally speak my emotional truth.  In the end, I knew I could not expect to change him - he WAS real, had spoken his emotional truth, and I honor and respect who he is. I just realized he was not the person I could be married to any longer - even though I still see him as one of my very best friends.  If it weren't for all I did to heal, we may both have continued to live our lives married - but unhappy, unfulfilled and not truthful to ourselves. 

When I began to awaken to the real me, I knew the man I had married was actually in love with the person I was NOT. Difficult and harsh - but true.

I am still working on healing that wounded child inside while now in a whole new relationship. This time, however, I am able to voice what is going on immediately, speaking my emotional truth, and my boyfriend David is able to see the "real me" early in the relationship - rather than years and years later when all I had swept under the rug finally came to light!  

This is the very first relationship I have had that is based on my feeling whole and authentic. What is wonderful about it all is that I don't doubt how he feels about me like I did with my ex - because I won't wonder if it is the "real me" he loves or the Gina I tried to be to please him, something I did my whole life. It's an eye opener for sure!



Learn to speak your emotional truth.  Don't sweep issues under the rug and hold your feelings inside.  Let others get to know the authentic person you truly are.  It's the most loving thing you can do for yourself and the people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment