Carry out a personal development plan to transform your life

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Words... Let Them Empower YOU!

I am feeling so blessed!  I realize, after reading this week's topic, that the conversations I have been having with myself and people around me have been very empowering.  I remember that not so long ago I had such a negative dialogue going on all the time!!   My self-talk was filled with "should" and always questioning myself in such a demeaning way... I spent precious time worrying about what others thought of me and allowed people to walk all over me and take advantage of me... I saw a bleak future and didn't appreciate the here and now... The list could go on and on!!

Lately, I began to take real notice of the things I was telling myself and it's been very important to me to listen to myself and correct any negative dialogue going on.  I can see that it ABSOLUTELY HAS made an impact on my moods, my conversations with others, my ability to attract what I desire into my existence!

I am so grateful that I have been given the tools I now have whenever I start to tell myself that "I can't" do something or that "I should" do something.  These statements brought me nothing.  When I consciously tell myself that I CAN and I WILL along with my focus to attract more of what I want and dismiss that which I don't want or no longer need... well the possibilities are limitless!

Since starting YOU University and choosing to focus on positive self-talk, I have gained:

1. a better, more amazing marriage
2. a job which is in better alignment with who I am and what I want to accomplish.
3. the confidence in myself that I thought I would never see.
4. the ability to set healthy boundaries.
5. the tools that have taught me how to love myself.
6. true friendships with people who value the REAL ME.
7. JOY, HEALING, and soooo much more!

This is no accident. I know that it is true that what we speak comes to life - both good and bad. I choose good!

No comments:

Post a Comment